Downloads of 2.5.4
Carbon is a PowerShell module for automating the configuration Windows 7, 8, 2008, and 2012 and automation the installation and configuration of Windows applications, websites, and services. It can configure and manage:
* Local users and groups
* IIS websites, virtual directories, and applications
* File system, registry, and certificate permissions
* Hosts file
* INI files
* Performance counters
* .NET connection strings and app settings
* And much more!
All functions are idempotent: when run multiple times with the same arguments, your system will be in the same state without failing or producing errors.
PS> Save-Module -Name Carbon -Path <path>
PS> Install-Module -Name Carbon
See Documentation for more details.
## Bug Fixes
* Fixed: Carbon takes 10 to 20 seconds to load. In trying to detect if the Win32_OptionalFeature class is available on the current operating system, it was actually loading all the Win32_OptionalFeature instances. Oops. Now, it just checks for the existence of the Win32_OptionalFeature class. Load times should now be about two to three seconds. ([Fixes issue #35.](https://github.com/pshdo/Carbon/issues/35))
* Import-Carbon.ps1 now hides verbose messages typically shown by Import-Module and Remove-Module cmdlets.
* Fixed: `Assert-FirewallConfigurable` fails on Windows 10.
Copyright 2011 - 2016 Aaron Jensen.
This module has no dependencies.
Minimum PowerShell version
|Carbon 2.6.0 (latest stable)||3331975||Sunday, July 08 2018|
|Carbon 2.5.4 (this version)||206470||Saturday, June 02 2018|
|Carbon 2.5.3||1279||Friday, June 01 2018|
|Carbon 2.5.2||163||Friday, June 01 2018|
|Carbon 2.5.1||184||Friday, June 01 2018|
|Carbon 2.5.0||821965||Sunday, June 18 2017|
|Carbon 2.4.1||236776||Tuesday, February 21 2017|
|Carbon 2.4.0||121712||Wednesday, November 09 2016|
|Carbon 2.3.0||39198||Thursday, September 29 2016|
|Carbon 2.2.0||22110||Thursday, May 12 2016|
|Carbon 2.1.1||1142||Thursday, February 25 2016|
|Carbon 2.1.0||454||Tuesday, February 09 2016|
|Carbon 2.0.1||943||Tuesday, October 20 2015|
|Carbon 2.0.0||81||Sunday, October 11 2015|
|Carbon 1.9.0||259||Thursday, May 07 2015|